Our flexible Park Home Insurance Policy is designed to

cover residential Park Homes, Static Caravans, Chalets and Lodges on residential sites or private land


Our excellent Permanent Residence insurance policy is the result of 40 years experience in the market and is desgined to cover your residential Park Home, Chalet/Lodge or Static Caravan, your contents and even personal items you take away from your home.  We insure homes situated on both licensed residential sites and on private land.

Our knowledge and experience of Park Homes and residential sites have allowed us to create a superb insurance policy designed with you in mind. Many features you may expect to pay for as an optional extra we include as standard.

 Park Home Insurance

Accidental Damage to both Televisions/audio equipment and internal and external glass and ceramic fittings, together with frost damage, frozen food cover and replacing locks and keys are all included with all of our policies. Full Accidental Damage cover is also available.

We are also able to offer an excellent Legal Protection insurance package administered by Lawshield UK for a small additional premium.  This can be particularly useful in the event of a dispute with your site owner, whether you feel their annual pitch fee increase is too high, you are frustrated that they will not let you sell your home or they restrict you from adding that veranda you've always wanted  They can also help you recover any uninsured losses.


Key Facts

Our Permanent Residence policies are designed for Park Homes, Chalets and Static Caravans used as a main permanent residence, whether they be located on a residential park home site or on private land. 

  • New for Old cover has no set age limit providing the home is kept in a good state of repair.
  • Look after your home and keep it well maintained and we will be happy to insure your New for Old.
  • £5,000 delivery, siting and clearance costs can be given free of charge.
  • You need only ask for it and pay for any additional cover if required.
  • No Claims Discount available.
  • Continue to insure claim-free and we will reward you with additional discounts each year.
  • Up to 50% discount available.
  • With discounts based on your age, the age of the caravan, the type of roof and more.
  • No Excess payable for the majority of claims.
  • No inflated 'Blanket Figures'
  • We insure you for the cover you actually need, meaning you get the best possible price.

Insurance Guide

When you consider the construction of your Park Home compared to, say, a typical brick built house, the likelihood of significant damage from strong winds, hail and even flooding is significantly higher. What may be an inconvenient matter of replacing carpets in a house could be a write-off for a Park Home.

Here are a couple of suggestions to protect your home and choose the right insurance policy:-

  • Keep your water system drained when leaving unoccied for an extended period. When leaving your home for an extended period of time, for example if you decide to go away for the fortnight, be sure that you turn the water off at the mains and ensure your water system is drained down, particularly over the winter months. Frost can cause pipes to burst in the home, which in turn will cause an escape of water and potentially significant damage to your home.
  • Ensure that you regularly maintain your property. Insurance policies are not designed to cover wear and tear so it is important that you have your roof and other structural aspects checked regularly to ensure the home remains in a good state of repair. Similarly, regular plumbing and electrics/wiring checks are always recommended. Insurers may check that such maintenance work has been carried out in the event of a claim, so keeping receipts will always be beneficial.
  • Consider Delivery and Siting Insurance.  Many Insurers will happily cover your home, however in the event of your home being damaged beyond repair, it is not just the replacement home itself that you need to worry about. Residential sites will almost always charge you to clear your plot of the debris from the old home and will charge you again to deliver your new home to the plot, site it and reconnect your services. If your home is located on your own private land, you will of course have to pay somebody to do this for you. Ensure that you're covered for these costs or you could find yourself significantly out of pocket in the event of a claim. If you are located on a residential site, we are able to provide the first £5,000 free of charge on request, however should you require higher cover or require cover on private land then we can do this too. For clarity, we always show your delivery and siting cover separately so you know exactly what you are covered for.
  • Understand the differences between a ‘New for Old' policy and an ‘Indemnity' policy. Insuring New for Old means you need to make sure your home is insured for the cost to replace with a brand new equivalent from the manufacturer. Insuring on an Indemnity basis, or ‘Market Value' basis as it is often referred to, means you are insuring your home for its current value on the open market. It is important to consider for both types of cover that the amount you insure for is just for the park home itself and does not take into account any increased value you feel the home may have due to its location. If you insure your home for more than it is actually worth you will almost always pay a higher insurance premium but with no additional benefits in the event of a claim. This is one of the reasons why we try to keep your premium as low as we can and do not insure your home for a blanket figure of, say, £250,000.00 like some of our competitors do.
  • Ensure you know how much Liability Insurance your site requires.  The majority of residential site owners across the country will insist that your park home is insured for Public Liability cover and you may well find clauses in your contract with them to this effect. Pay particular attention to the amount your site asks you to be covered for. We can offer £1 million or £2 million as standard under the policy, but can increase to £5 million if required. Ensure you ask for the correct amount when obtaining a quote.


How long will you cover my home New for Old?

We have no set age limit with regards to New for Old cover. Providing your home is regularly maintained, kept in excellent condition and maintains current standards then we will happily cover you for New for Old, whether your home is 5 years old or 25 years old. However, please be aware that if your home is not built to residential standards we will be unable to offer New for Old cover; our holiday home policy may be more suitable.

What should I do if I need to claim?

In the unfortunate event of you needing to claim under your policy, you should contact us a soon as possible and provide details of what has happened, when it happened and what losses/damages you wish to claim for. At this point you will be issued a claim form for you to complete and return to us, together with any estimates for repairs or replacements that may be required. If your claim is accepted, the Underwriters will then authorise repairs and, upon receipt of the invoices, your settlement will be made. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the easiest possible experience when it comes to making a claim. The majority of claims are also dealt with in-house, so there is no waiting around.

Will you cover my Jewellery, inside and outside my home?

Our policies are tailor made to suit you and we would happily insure your Jewellery. Unlike some insurers, there is no standard requirement for the use of a safe whilst they are kept in the home. With respect to insuring whilst you're out and about, we can provide this cover on request, but it is limited to a maximum of £4,000 per policy.

Will my home be insured when I am not there?

Our policy will insure your home when it is left unoccupied, providing it is not left unoccupied for more than 30 days at a time and does not total more than 3 months in a year. You should always advise us if you intend to leave your home for more than a couple of weeks, and it is always best practice to disconnect water, electricity and gas supplies. Certain perils under the policy will be excluded if you do leave your home empty for more than 30 days, details of which can be found in your policy booklet.

Can I cancel my policy?

Your policy is a 12 month contract so there is no automatic right for cancellation. However, upon request we do allow you to cancel your policy and in many cases there would be a return premium made to you. Please note that policy fees are not refundable and the Underwriters will deduct at least the minimum premium from any return.


Please find below a link to copies of our Terms of Business for your information. Should you require any more details that cannot be obtained from these documents, please give us a call and we will be happy to talk things through with you.

Terms of Business (pdf)

Get A Quote

Call 01926 468 777 for a quote or click the big green button to get us to contact you at your convenience!

Click here for US to contact YOU for a quote